Thank you for your interest in the United Way 21-Day Equity Challenge – we hope you will join us.
The Challenge is simple: you (along with your friends, family, and neighbors in Ottawa County) commit to deepening your understanding of, and willingness to confront racism for twenty-one consecutive days. The Challenge will raise your awareness, change your understanding, and shift the way you behave.
This Challenge was originally developed by Dr. Eddie Moore, Jr., Dr. Marguerite Penick-Parks and Debby Irving and has been adapted by Food Solutions New England. The Michigan Association of United Ways has committed to adapt the challenge with the support of leaders across our Michigan United Way network. A special thank you to the United Way of Washtenaw County for their leadership and guidance.
The Challenge begins on August 28th and runs through September 17th. Register below today to begin receiving daily prompts on August 28th.
About the Equity Challenge
• You (along with your friends, family, and neighbors in Ottawa County) commit to deepening your understanding of, and willingness to confront, racism for twenty-one consecutive days from August 28th - September 17th.
• During every morning of the Challenge, you'll receive an email "prompt" with readings, videos and/or podcasts. You are encouraged to take about ten to fifteen minutes each day with the material in the prompt.
• Explore this work on your own, with friends and family, or organization-wide. Download here.
• Capture your daily reflections and actions using our activity log. Download here.
• Share your reflections and “a ha” moments using the hashtags #UWequitychallenge, #miuwequitychallenge . Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Join the 21-Day Equity Challenge