Overview of Responsibilities:
In close association with Vice President of Annual Campaign the Campaign Associate will assist in developing innovative campaign development practices for the United Way annual campaign. Creates and builds awareness of United Way’s role in the community by working closely with companies, community leaders, corporate executive officers, human resource professionals, leadership givers, volunteers and agency directors. Ensure the campaign process is effective and successful by achieving the goal set each year to support our funded programs, initiatives, and collaborations.
As directed by the VPAC and in close association with campaign volunteers, the Campaign Associate:
- Assists in developing and executing innovative and effective fundraising practices.
- Manages and implements multiple workplace campaigns and maintains year-round relationships with assigned accounts.
- Effectively communicates the United Way message and mission through public speaking before groups of various sizes
- Helps to recruit, train, and support campaign volunteers.
- Manages the donor database system and produces reports.
- Attends fundraising activities and work-related events, including those outside regular business hours as required.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards of conduct and communication in the stewardship of the resources entrusted to Greater Ottawa County United Way by the community.
- Strong relationships with Employee Campaign Coordinators
- Plan and implement workplace campaigns in current and new partners
- Present United Way campaign talks at workplace campaigns
- Increase pledges in campaigns
- Maintain accurate and timely records
Travel to workplaces within Ottawa County is an integral part of this position. Mileage reimbursements are bi-weekly at Federal approved rates. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal automobile
Experience, education, and training requirements:
A Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience is essential. A thorough and solid knowledge of non-profit organizations is important. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience working within a team environment, using teamwork to achieve goals is vital.
Marketing, communications, public relations, sales and other background will be helpful to understand corporate relationships and marketing our unique product.
Send resume and cover letter to Kelly Kean at email@example.com. Resumes accepted until position filled.
Role: Provides administration, office practices, and general office duties in the areas of Client Relations Management and Administrative Support for the Greater Ottawa County United Way staff. Works closely with Chief Financial Officer and President on support duties. Serves as receptionist and supports coordination for major projects within all other departments. (Part time hours 25 per week, subject to change by CFO or President.)
To work very closely with the Chief Financial Officer and President to ensure that office and administrator processes are completed on a daily basis including, but not limited to:
Client Relations Management Duties:
- Greet caller and/or visitor and treat them in a professional manner.
- Answer telephone and take accurate messages when required.
- Work with office/building superintendent with any office issues such as heat, water, air conditioning or any other issue affecting office environment.
- Provide customer service to donors, vendors, agencies, Board of Directors, volunteers and general public.
Administrative Support Duties:
- Serves as finance support including, but not limited to, preparing deposits, banking, supports annual audit, and finance committee preparations.
- Work with all other department directors as needed with such duties including but not limited to: Mailings, maintaining accurate addresses and records, distribution of materials
- Provide support for Special Events, meetings and projects
- Help plan, coordinate and oversee meetings or events by scheduling rooms, obtaining cost effective quotes for services including food or other items. Providing additional support as needed.
- Serve as an assistant to the chairperson of the Board of Directors in United Way duties.
- Record, type, distribute and maintain the minutes of the Board of Directors meetings, all in a confidential manner, as overseen by the President.
- Purchase office supplies and maintain supply cabinets.
- Oversee all office equipment such as copier, phones, etc.
- Pick up, drop off, open and distribute mail.
The scope of this position is quite broad, requiring the Administrative Assistant to establish and maintain good working relationships with anyone who contacts this organization and all internal staff.
Experience, Education, and Training Requirements:
High school diploma required. Experience in administrative duties, receptionist and customer service is essential. Good math skill is required. Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. Some knowledge of how nonprofits work would be useful, but not essential for success. Excellent communication skills are required, as well as, a demonstrated ability to communicate using verbal or written skills is crucial. Ability to lift and carry 25-30 lbs is required. Experience working within a team environment, using teamwork to achieve goals is vital.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Kelly Kean at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job posting will continue until position is filled.